Monday, March 31, 2014

Back to Work

Today was the first day back at school after Spring Break (and after pulling nearly 34 hours over 4 days at TreeTop), and it...wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I got to Chemistry and learned that we weren't going to be doing anything but going over the worksheets that she makes us do. I didn't have the worksheets printed out, so I just scribbled everything down in my notebook, hating my life. (I hate science. Absolutely hate it. I'm rubbish at it, and there are way too many things to memorize.)

Then I went over to Matt's (I have an hour between my two classes, so I usually go and make him coffee and snuggle a bit before we have to go to class) and served him coffee in the new mug that I got him from New Orleans. The outside is plain black and says "New Orleans" on it, but the inside is covered with pictures of masks and instruments and a sign that says "Bourbon Street." I also gave him his sticky pig that I got from TreeTop, as well as the fourteen little puppies I got him as well.

I walked into Spanish and was met with a lady from the office. She told us that our Spanish teacher was delayed in Guatemala, and that our assignment for today was a quiz. Once we finished the quiz, we could leave. I spent about five minutes on the quiz before I gave up. I think I got some right, but I'm not sure.

Since I had about an hour until I had to meet my friends for lunch, I picked up the copy of Watchmen my boyfriend lent me and read on the patio outside the cafeteria. I read for about forty minutes and then went in to grab a table for lunch. Lunch wasn't that great, but dessert was fantastic.

After lunch, I went to my advising session to get my classes all squared away, then I dropped by the Honors house to make sure that things are in proper working order. 

On a whim, I decided to drop by Matt's house (I have a key) and do his dishes and clean his living room. Some of his dishes had been sitting in his sink for over a month. (He NEVER does his dishes, and that's the one point of contention between us, which isn't a bad thing, I suppose. There are worse things to fight over!) I cleaned his dishes, scrubbed his sink, lysoled his stove, wiped down his counters, threw away all his bottles and cans and stuff on the floor, took out the trash, and picked everything off the floor and put them in its proper places. I danced and sang Disney songs while I did it.

Then I went back to my room, where my room mate and I worked on decorating K-9 and Dalek Mycroft for Easter. I made 10 eggs and we decorated them (to put them on Dalek Mycroft), five apiece.

Spent the rest of the day working on my presentation, went to dinner with my roommate and other friends, and then went back to Matt's to hang with him. Then I discovered that the presentation I was so proud of was absolutely wrong, and I had to redo the entire thing. I accomplished it, but I'm still not as happy with it as I was with the first one. But I screwed up.

Tomorrow, I've got to get up earlier than usual (I usually get up at 9:15, but I'm gonna get up at 8:30, so I can shower and get dressed) and go and reserve my room for next semester. We're trying to get a corner room - we're going to stay rooming together, but we want to change rooms. It's going to be difficult! I hope we can get it, otherwise we're going to be a bit disappointed. But the plans we have for next year are going to be awesome!

Anyways, I've got to get to bed now. I'll report on my success or failure at room change tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Sounds like a really busy day! I'm happy science wasn't too bad... hoping today is going even better! :)

    ReplyDelete

Did this post inspire you? Do you have something you want to share? Go ahead and tell me all about it! I reply to everything, promise! (Just be sure to keep it clean, guys! Seriously!)