Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Day Two

Sorry this is late, y'all, but yesterday was a bit too crazy for me to sit down and write at my computer. I'm actually using my iPad to write this at the moment, because I'm out of my dorm and I don't have my computer with me.

Anyway, here's how yesterday went:

I got up early in order to go to the Room Change Day thing. You see, my room mate and I want to stay together next year, but we also want to change rooms to one on the corner. Unfortunately, the room we wanted was not available. Sad face. Anyways, I got dressed very nicely, in my business attire, and prepared to give my speech on Valerie Solanas.

The speech went...well, I suppose. I didn't hear anything negative back, and I was able to answer all the questions that were asked of me after the speech was over. I still think the woman is crazy (for proof, see my earlier post about her), but she could have had a good argument if the thing actually WAS satire, instead of being completely serious.

English was...okay. I don't particularly like the teacher (I don't think she has the slightest clue as to what she's doing, but she's also very young to be a professor. I'm just glad I shouldn't have to have her ever again. I'm trying to avoid ever having her again if at all possible. I think I'd probably actually jump out the window if I did.

Creative Writing was about poetry. I'm not a poet. I can't rhyme, I can't make flowery images, I can't make short lines. I can break up a piece of prose to LOOK like poetry, but I can't actually get it to be a poem.  Do you understand that?

After school, I went and had supper (I get out at 4:45, and by that time I'm starving, so food is a must) and then headed over to Matt's to help him with his essay and watch "Watchmen." He's doing an essay on one of Rorschach's quotes, and since I've read the book and seen the movie (though not as many times as he has, obviously), he wanted my help. And I gave it to him gladly. The poor boy has no sense of grammar whatsoever, and as not only an English major, but as his girlfriend, I am obliged to help. I'm glad to help. I want him to succeed, and I will help in any way that I can.

All in all, it was a rather good day. Come back tomorrow to hear about the classes I'm taking next semester! I think they're going to be a blast! (Did I mention they're all going to be on Tuesdays and Thursdays?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this post inspire you? Do you have something you want to share? Go ahead and tell me all about it! I reply to everything, promise! (Just be sure to keep it clean, guys! Seriously!)