Saturday, July 12, 2014

100 Happy Days - Week Two

Well, I guess we know the answer to the question I asked last week - will I make another post before Saturday? Nope. I'll try to do something this week, but no promises. Anyways, let's get on to the pictures!


 Day 6: Waves! I wore my hair in twin braids all day, and when I took it out that night, my hair was really wavy and pretty. I wish I could do this every day, but alas, my hair has to be washed in the morning. Were I to do this at night, my hair would be oily and gross by the end of the next day.

I bought myself some sea-salt spray from Wal-Mart, because I heard that's a good way to get waves, and so far it works a bit, but nothing like braiding my hair does.

You'll notice that Day 7 is missing: for whatever reason, my phone wouldn't upload the picture. If you're curious, it was a Chickfila cup. I absolutely adore Chickfila.
 Day 8: Headbands! I went shopping with my mother on Tuesday, and after picking my cowgirl boots up from the shoe repair shop (I had to get the heels replaced), we went by Claire's and I got two new headbands. I really like them. I don't know why I've recently gotten into headbands, but they're easy to wear and I can wear them with most anything.

I never liked headbands when I was little because they always seemed to pinch. I don't know why I like them now.
 Day 9: Quilting! Mom and I are making an appliqued kitty cat quilt, and today we cut out the hearts and the panels. We cut out the cats a few weeks ago - we got ten different types of calico fabric from Hobby Lobby, and cut out two of each type, one facing left and one facing right.

We started this quilt as something to do while we waited for the stencils for my other quilt to come in. It doesn't look like they're going to be coming in any time soon, so this quilt is going to be the one taking over our time...if I'm able to get it all put together by the time school starts again, it'll be a miracle! I'm really excited, though!
 Day 10: Baby Bunny! We had this baby trapped in our garage for a whole night. It ran in Wednesday morning while dad had the door open, and we couldn't get it out.

Dad set traps for it on Wednesday night, big steel cages that have weight-sensitive springs. He put carrots and lettuce and water in each cage. Wouldn't you know it? The bunny ate every bit of the food and drank most of the water, but he was too light to spring the traps!

We were finally able to corner him on Thursday afternoon, and it took all four of us! Eventually, the bunny was caught and returned to the garden, where he hopped away. (I think he's out of the nest now, though. Which is how he got trapped in the garage.)
Day 11: Hope Chest! A few months ago, I bought a picture at Home Goods that I wanted to use for my future home. I had a trunk in my room, but it was full of middle school junk that I just didn't want to deal with. Fast-forward to yesterday, when Mom and I went shopping at Home Goods again. I found some Italian Crystal glasses, $8 for 4 (I bought two boxes) and some washcloths to match my picture.  Once we got home, I decided to tackle that trunk. It was full of the most ridiculous stuff - why did I keep any of this? I'm sure it was treasure when I was little, but now it's just junk. I bagged and trashed it, and after vacuuming out the trunk, I turned it into what my mother calls a "hope chest." It contains stuff I hope to use in my future home.


Day 12: 100 Reasons. My nine-months with my boyfriend is coming up soon, and it's going to be a BIG DEAL. This marks the longest relationship he's ever had with somebody. (Before me, his longest was eight months.)

I decided to do something special in addition to the claddaghs we're exchanging on the date. (Promise rings. He can't afford an engagement ring right now, so we're doing the next best thing.) I found a little printable online for a booklet, so I printed it out (I wish it wasn't pink!) and filled it in.

It took a lot longer than I thought it would. I couldn't figure out how to word a lot of things, but I got all 100 completed tonight. I can't wait to give him this booklet! I bet he cries.





How did your week go? Did you have anything particularly happy or exciting happen? Please let me know! I hope to see you sometime this week, but I don't know if I'll be able to blog before next Saturday. See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this post inspire you? Do you have something you want to share? Go ahead and tell me all about it! I reply to everything, promise! (Just be sure to keep it clean, guys! Seriously!)