Tuesday, July 1, 2014

100 Happy Days - Begin!


Today was a phenomenal day. 

Absolutely incredible.

Today, Matt and I went to Splash Adventure. It's a water park near Birmingham that's been having problems ever since my family moved to Alabama. It's gone through a couple of owner changes and the conditions have just degraded to the point where it's been overrun with...unsavory characters. (It's not in the best part of town, you see.) However, a new set of owners bought it out in March, and they've been working their hardest to make things better.

I've been to this water park about five years ago, when it was still called Alabama Adventure, and it was...meh. Over-priced and really boring, to be honest. But today...

TODAY.

I picked Matt up from his hotel at 10:00 sharp, and we went on an adventure to find this place. (See what I did there? ... Sorry.) My GPS led us to the wrong place (not where the signs did), so we had to do a lot of adventuring to find it. We did, though, and got to the park before it opened, and managed to get a first-row parking spot.

The day was just awesome from then on out. Once we got inside, I rented a locker (it was easy - everything's on a digital barcode on your entrance wristband!), we took off our outer clothing (leaving just our bathing suits), and went to try out the Aqua Maze.

Then we did a really crazy water slide - a halfpipe thing...terrifying really - and started out our day on a good note.

After that we did the wave pool, then the tube slides (there are four of them!),  then we did the lazy river. And we repeated those three things (really the only three things, besides the kiddie area, the terrifying half-pipe slide, and the ultra-fear-inducing almost-straight-down plummeting slide) for the next seven hours.

It was heaven.

We put on sunscreen every hour (the park offered free sunscreen!!), and neither of us got burned, although we did get a little red from where the inner tubes rubbed off the sunscreen between applications. Lunch and the snacks were good, and there was practically nobody there the entire day. It was nice.

Matt and I celebrated our eight months on Sunday, but this was really our celebration day. We had a fantastic time. Although the park was a little pricey, it was a great special occasion date for the two of us. 

Anyways, I'd better get to bed. I have to get up really early tomorrow. I hope everyone had a great day as well! 

(Also, I figured I'd better make it clear that I won't be posting a Happy Day picture every single day, at least not on here. On Instagram, yes I will. Here, I'll just be posting a weekly wrap-up. Every Saturday, I'll post the week's pictures and go over them. If you want to keep up with me daily, click on the Instagram link I just posted and follow me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this post inspire you? Do you have something you want to share? Go ahead and tell me all about it! I reply to everything, promise! (Just be sure to keep it clean, guys! Seriously!)