Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Sophomore Year: First Week, Down!

Okay, okay. So I'm a terrible person who hasn't blogged in about ten days. In my defense, however, I have been busy with work and, most recently, school.

Yep, I've returned to school already. I went back on the sixth. A few of my friends have yet to return to school, because their campus does a mini-semester during Winter Break, and they get like six weeks off of school or something like that.

This second semester is going to be so much harder than my first semester. It's actually really scaring me, to be honest. I'm wondering if I'm going to be able to do this. There is a serious amount of work involved this semester, like almost four times what I did last semester. It's worrying me.

Here's my schedule for this semester:

Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays (class duration: :50):

9:00 a.m.: Chemistry 100, aka, "Chemistry for Idiots." It's Chemistry for non-majors, to be perfectly honest. It's not the greatest thing I'll ever do, I suppose, but eventually I will finish this class and then I will be DONE with all of my general education classes. And then next semester, I will be able to start on my solely-English classes. 

11:00 a.m.: Spanish 202. This is my final semester of Spanish, and I couldn't be happier. The teacher's a little hard to understand (she is Mexican, after all), but she adds sound effects and gestures when she talks in Spanish so that we can understand her.

Wednesdays only: 1:00: Chem 100 Lab. Once this lab is over with, I'm done for the day (the lab is scheduled from 1:00 - 3:00, but often we get done early).

The rest of the day is free for me to catch up on homework for my Tuesday/Thursday classes. Speaking of which...

Tuesdays & Thursdays (class duration: 1:15):

12:30 p.m.: Coms 435, Historical Rhetoric (it's got a longer name, but I can't remember it at the moment). This was a last-minute addition so that I could get all the credit hours I needed. It looks like it'll be an...interesting...course, but I'm worried that the workload is going to cause me to have a mental breakdown. I'm already stressing out so bad that my skin is breaking out again.

2:00 p.m.: English 300, "Introduction to the Major." This is a requirement for all English majors, so it should be really easy. We're starting off with Jane Eyre. So far, I'm not impressed. 90% of this class consists of people who are dumber than bricks. I'm so not looking forward to this class every day.

3:30 p.m.: English 361, Creative Writing. This is going to be my favorite class of the semester. The textbook is fun and easy to understand, and I also love the fact that we have to keep a writing journal. I was able to score a cool one from the campus bookstore, and it's small enough that I can carry it along with me everywhere.

Yep, you read that right. I'm in class for five solid hours, nearly, from 12:30 - 4:45. It's a pain so far. But I do get to sleep in a bit, and that's helpful. Plus, Mondays and Wednesdays, I have all afternoon free to do things.

But what about after-class?

Mondays:

7:30 (occasionally): concerts/recitals. I attend these to get AIM stamps.
8:30: Anime Club. I love going here because I've met a lot of people.
After: Hanging with Matt, usually.

Tuesdays: 

7:00: Marvel's Agents of SHIELD with my room mate & other Brooke-dwelling friends.

Wednesdays:

Free night!

Thursdays:

7:00: Anime After Dark, at Matt's house. This is so we can watch anime that's *banned* from Anime Club because we can't show it due to the fact that there's a sixteen-year-old who attends the club. Nobody likes her, either.

And of course, Fridays, I go home.

It's going to be a very busy semester, and I'm really going to have to crack down on the studying part this time around, or else I'll probably let my GPA slip. And that would be an absolutely terrible thing to have happen.

Anyway, how's your semester going so far? Met new friends? Hate a class? Love a class? Got something you'd like to share? Talk to me!

2 comments:

  1. I got back into blogging! And was so excited to see this! I'm really glad you're still at it. :3 Sounds like a daunting semester. I've JUST started homeschooling, so I can/can't relate. Mum's a bit stressed and I'm super determined.

    Love the domain name and the look. :3 So pretty and classy, just like what fits you best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaay!! You're back! I've missed reading your posts!

      I haven't been as active as I want to, because I didn't realize how bad this semester would be! (My mom tried to homeschool me to finish out my preschool year; it didn't work out because she had no patience and I couldn't focus.)

      And thanks :) I spent several days trying to think up a domain name and finally settled on this (I was going to go with "Not My Division," as in from BBC's Sherlock, but that didn't make as much sense; therefore, "That's My Division." Nerdy & to-the-point). And it took a while for me to figure out the layout, too XD

      Thanks! Great hearing from you, & I hope to see you blogging again!!

      Delete

Did this post inspire you? Do you have something you want to share? Go ahead and tell me all about it! I reply to everything, promise! (Just be sure to keep it clean, guys! Seriously!)