Thursday, April 17, 2014

Magnets & Paintings

 Yesterday was a brilliant day, at least before I had my mental breakdown. (See the blog post I made late last night for that story.) You see, my roommate and I are intending on staying together as roomies next year, and we've been working on gathering stuff  for our room. Yesterday, we went out to the shopping center in Alabaster to go to Books-a-Million to obtain magnets. Our fridge has been sadly blank all semester, and now that we know we're going to stay together, we've decided to start our major redecorating by slapping magnets on our fridge.

Books-a-Million has a brilliant selection of magnets, and that's where we're planning on getting the rest of them. To the left, you can see the magnets that I picked out. (My roomie got a Pride & Prejudice one, a Star Trek one, and a SHIELD one.) I want to get the rest of the bombshell series (you can see it here) in magnet-form, but I dunno if they're going to do them. It's weird for them to have Poison Ivy but not Harley Quinn.

 Last night, though, my dorm had our first Pin Night since the Snowpocalypse in January (did I ever post a picture of my painted mason jar? I put a Hylian shield on it!). We did silhouette paintings of Disney characters. My first one I did is to the right - I found a neat picture of Elsa from Frozen. It was difficult to cut out, and I had to do a bit of touch-ups with white paint afterwards.

Then I decided I really wanted to do a red painting. I don't know why; I just felt like I needed something red on my wall. So I found a silhouette of Belle (from Beauty and the Beast, my second-favorite Disney movie, after Robin Hood and before Frozen). She has a bit easier to cut out, and I didn't have nearly as many touch-ups as I had with Elsa. I also had more tape, so that probably helped a lot with that whole thing.

I'm really going to miss having girl nights this summer. The entire fourth floor gets together for these pin nights (we did one every other week last semester), and we watch Disney movies. This week's movie was Pocahontas. Not one of my favorites, but cool nonetheless. I left before they watched Frozen, because I had that presentation to work on and I didn't want to wait for another hour and a half to start on that. (I didn't get much done last night, by the way. I got maybe two points done after my breakdown, nothing more.)

I may have to go out and get myself some canvases and make some more silhouette paintings. I know that my cousin Lila would love one with Elsa and Anna on it, or maybe just Elsa. She's a big fan of "Let It Go," and can almost sing the whole thing. Maybe I can make one for each of my cousins for Christmas or something. The paint seems pretty simple to get, and I could just find a cheap frame or something so that they all looked alike. May have to do some research and figure out which Disney princess they like best. 

And I may have to do a Joker one for my boyfriend. That would make his day. (He would have done a craft last night with us, because he did get there after his night class was over, but he didn't see any pictures he wanted. Which is understandable, because they all had to do with Disney princesses.)

Have a great afternoon, y'all! I'm going to get back to my class now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this post inspire you? Do you have something you want to share? Go ahead and tell me all about it! I reply to everything, promise! (Just be sure to keep it clean, guys! Seriously!)