Monday, April 28, 2014

Storms and School

It's been three years since the last round of deadly tornados hit Alabama, and it looks like it's about time for the next round to hit. That's why, instead of studying for my chemistry test at the moment, I'm sitting in Erin's room, with my laptop and all of the stuff I need for my final English paper, watching the Weather Channel.

The storms aren't supposed to get here until around four to six p.m. From what the weather people are saying, things are going to get bad. This same storm system went through Arizona and Arkansas last night, killing eighteen people in total and injuring dozens more.

Erin and Maggie have both packed Bug-Out Bags, just in case we have to evacuate Brooke and go somewhere else. Erin even packed a big can of pepper spray, "because of looting." It's the fact that she thinks things are going to get so bad that people will loot that is worrying me. 

At the moment, the University has shut down. I won't be able to take my Chemistry exam this afternoon, so I'm going to have to make it up at some point down the line. I'm hoping it won't be too much of an inconvenience, but I really need to take that test. I'm hovering at an 88% in the class, and I NEED to have at least a 90%. In fact, I have two 88s this semester and two 89s. So I need to make at least a 90 on all of my finals in order to bring those up to an A. If I can do that, then my life will be okay. 

Anyways, if any of you are in the path of the storms, stay safe. Pack a bag if you feel like you need it, and watch the news. Be careful!

1 comment:

  1. I've heard things have gotten bad! We've avoided them thus far, the bad ones in November still haunt us those (a town was demolished and many are still living with relatives). Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete

Did this post inspire you? Do you have something you want to share? Go ahead and tell me all about it! I reply to everything, promise! (Just be sure to keep it clean, guys! Seriously!)