Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Procrastination at its Finest

Ah, procrastination, how I love thee. Let me count the ways...

Actually, I hate procrastination, but here I am, writing a blog post about it as well as procrastinating at the same time because, frankly, I'm in a tight spot and I don't know what to do. I have a presentation on my final paper due tomorrow in my English 300 (better known as the Introduction to the Major class, a.k.a. the Class from Hell), and I haven't the slightest clue as to what I'm going to do it on.

Oh, I know which books I'm going to use. Jane Eyre and Wide Sargasso Sea. The two connect in a way unlike any of the other books we've read (although Roxanna, or the Fortuante Mistress and Foe connect rather well, but I didn't actually read those). Then again, I've only read about three books this year out of the ten or eleven that we had to read. I just got tired of the teacher's ridiculousness and started not paying any attention to what she was teaching. I even made up a paper I wrote for her and got a 97% on it. That's when I knew her entire class was BS. She looks down at us and treats us like we're in ninth grade. It's the most intellectually-insulting class I've ever been in (aside from my computer class last spring, of course). 

Here's the deal with the presentation: In order to do everything she wants us to do, I have to have the paper already written.

The paper isn't due for two more weeks. 

I have several more papers that are due before this one is that I have to worry about. I actually had a complete mental breakdown tonight while thinking about all the work I have to do. (It's not helping that I'm completely hormonal at this point. I think I scared Matt a bit, actually.)

Anyways, I think I'm done ranting for now. I'm going to go look at my presentation requirements one more time and attempt to see what I can pull together. I hope I can scrape by with an A on this thing. I need to get an A in the class, and I don't think the teacher particularly likes me. Probably because I'm smarter than her. I can't wait to get my hands on her stupid evaluation. I'm going to rip her to shreds.

I hope y'all have a great day :) Better than mine's been, at least. I also want to put in a plug for a little mini-series that I'm going to be premiering in the next week or so. I want to share the research I've been doing with y'all! I've had so much fun learning about these people, and I want you to hear about some of them, too! 

I've really got to get started now. Good night, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this post inspire you? Do you have something you want to share? Go ahead and tell me all about it! I reply to everything, promise! (Just be sure to keep it clean, guys! Seriously!)