Monday, October 14, 2013

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Let's talk about something for a little bit, shall we? I'll start off with the fact that I'm a hardcore Nintendo fan. (Now, your definition of "hardcore" may differ a bit from mine, but I consider myself a hardcore one. I just don't have the money to get some of the things that I want at the moment.)

Recently, Animal Crossing: New Leaf came out for the 3DS. I hadn't really been planning on getting it, but after seeing so many things about it on Tumblr and stuff, I decided that I wanted to try it out. After all, I'd really enjoyed Wild World when I bought it back in 2006/2007. I played it for years before I got tired of it.

Much to my surprise, New Leaf was really engaging. It's even better now that you can be the Mayor of the town, and you pretty much have absolute control over your district. (You can't decide where people will place their houses, but oh, well. Maybe next time?)

The amount of customization that some people do in this game is just absolutely incredible. Some people place paths all around their town. I've seen one town that uses tiles from The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening to turn their village into a replica of Kohlint. It's fascinating.

I haven't done anything pretty like that with my town, and I don't know if I ever will. I'm not sure if I'll have the patience to do that. I think I just want to be able to place things as I please, without worrying about whether or not I'm making my town beautiful for people to travel through it using the Dream Suite.

Speaking of the Dream Suite, there are so many towns out there that are just stunning. There's the rumored Aika Village, which tells a story so dark that not many people enjoy visiting it. (I got stuck for 15 minutes in one of the houses; it was terrifying.)

In short, New Leaf allows you to live a whole new LIFE. And for somebody like me, whose life has been falling apart for months now, it's a nice way to escape and find ways to breathe before having to head back into the real world.

If you have a 3DS and haven't picked up New Leaf, go do yourself a favor and spend that $40. (Or wait for Christmas.) It's well worth the money, because there's always something new to do, always new festivals to see, and the New Leaf Tumblr community is very welcoming. Give it a try.


This is Mayor Mira from Mysidia, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this post inspire you? Do you have something you want to share? Go ahead and tell me all about it! I reply to everything, promise! (Just be sure to keep it clean, guys! Seriously!)