Friday, October 4, 2013

So I Went to a Bar Today

Technically, I guess it's called "The Tavern on Main" or "The Main Street Tavern." I didn't exactly look at the sign to see what it was called.

I sat a table with friends for about half an hour before this guy in a motorcycle vest (the "Iron Order") with tattoos and a knife on his hip comes over and starts chatting us up, introducing his "newbie friend" to us. He asks our names, and the first thing out of my mouth was, "I'm Melissa."

So my friends followed my example and all gave fake names. I'm not sure if he believed theirs, but he sure as hell believed mine. We all showed him the M on our hands ('cause he was carrying a beer) and said we couldn't drink. So he and his friend shuffled off. (His "friend" showed up later and tried to dance with Erin.)

I hit the dance floor with my friends, and, well, it was just SO AWKWARD. I kinda moved my hips and swayed. One guy did back up to bump butts or something, but it freaked me out a little and I ran away. So he either thinks I'm a lesbian or that I'm waaaay too inexperienced for his tastes. I wish I hadn't done that now, because he WAS kinda cute. Would've been better if he had asked or if I'd known him, though.

The whole thing was awkward. A few people were like having sex on the dance floor, but other people were just dancing and breaking it down and were having fun. The couple-y people made me almost as sick as the smoke.

Eventually, one of my friends got sick from the smoke (we were all feeling sick) and we left. She threw up. I tied her hair back for her. She had to use Erin's rescue inhaler. 

I still feel sick. My room mate said she could smell the smoke on me before I opened the door. So I've rinsed my clothes. I've sprayed Febreze everywhere. It was an experience. One that I WILL NOT repeat for a while x-x

And now I know why Charlie always carried his knife wheneverhe went to the Otter Creek Tavern. You NEED TO.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this post inspire you? Do you have something you want to share? Go ahead and tell me all about it! I reply to everything, promise! (Just be sure to keep it clean, guys! Seriously!)