Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Bandanas and Jesus

I'm sure you all remember my previous post about helping out in Children's Church. This Sunday marked the fifth week since the series began, and it was also the lesson that I think I enjoyed the most.

I wear bandanas every week, of course, but this week the lesson I gave had to do with bandanas. The lesson was on Attitude.


The first bandana I showed off to the kids was the red bandana. Red stands for love. When we see a red bandana, we're supposed to remember that Jesus loves us.

Jesus loved everyone, even his enemies. 

Red gets us happy and excited, and reminds us that we're to love everyone, even if they don't love us.

We're supposed to "wear" red bandanas all the time. Forget about the other two colors; red's our color.


Then we have the blue bandanas.

When you hear that someone's "blue," what do you think about? You think they're sad. Blue is the color sad, unhappy, negative people. We shouldn't want to wear blue bandanas.

Nobody likes negative people in their lives. If you're too negative, then you're going to end up with a lot fewer friends than you began with. 

(Also, I'm sorry for the picture. I am wearing a tank top underneath that shirt, I swear. It just slipped down a bit for the picture. Ugh.)


Then we have the yellow bandanas. In Twin Forks Junction, we call scaredy-cats "Yeller Bellies." They're scared and unhelpful most of the time.

Yellows are wishy-washy and they go along with the crowd because they don't have the backbone to stand up for themselves.

We don't need to wear yellow bandanas because we don't need to go along with the crowd. We need to stand out and stand up for Jesus.









Now, the whole point of this lesson was to drive home one thing: We need to be happy, loving people. We can be scared and sad at some points in time, but we don't need to wear those bandanas 24/7. We need to have our red bandanas on as much as possible, and show love and kindness to everyone we come across. 

So, I want you take a moment and think about some things. What color bandana do you wear the most? What can you do to wear the red one more?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this post inspire you? Do you have something you want to share? Go ahead and tell me all about it! I reply to everything, promise! (Just be sure to keep it clean, guys! Seriously!)