Thursday, October 10, 2013

Pinterest Craft & Movie Nights!

My RA this year is absolutely awesome. She came up with this idea for a Pinterest Craft & Movie Night a few weeks ago, and we've been doing it every other week for three crafts now.


The first craft was a Glow Fairy Jar, and the movie we watched was The Little Mermaid. The jars were really messy to make, and they only glowed for a little while, but we were left with glittery jars at the end. I think all we need to do is put a little fake tealight in it and it would look awesome!

You can see my jar to the left. I tried to take a picture, but it's really hard to take a picture of things that glow-in-the-dark with a cell phone camera. It's almost impossible, actually, so I apologize for the terrible picture. 

The glitter I used was silver and blue. The glowsticks were blue and yellow, with a dash of pink.
The second craft was Crayon Melt Art, and the movie was Tangled. (Do you see a theme here?) This was actually really easy to do, and I'm certainly going to try and show my grandmother how to do it. I think it'd be a great idea for the younger granddaughters to do while they're with her. It's a rainy-day activity for sure! 

My crayon art didn't turn out quite as well as I wanted it to, but hey - that's what happens when you go in without knowing what you're doing :) Next time, I'll get it right, for sure! (I may even make a tutorial!)

I'm going to pick out better colors next time I do this! (It was dollar-store crayons, so you won't go broke doing this!)


Last night's craft was Dream Catchers, and the movies were The Lion King and Road to El Dorado. We finished Lion King, and since some of us still wanted to make dream catchers (we had a lot of string and hoop-stuff left over), we all stayed and someone put on Road to El Dorado. That's actually a really sexual movie; I didn't catch any of this when I last watched it in sixth or seventh grade! Wow!

The instructions the RA had printed out were actually really confusing, but thankfully one of the girls had been a camp counselor so she knew how to make them a much easier way. She taught everyone how to make the dreamcatchers, and we were all really thankful for her! Mine didn't turn out as well as I wanted it to...


After making my first one, I wanted to make another one for my little sister. So I rounded up a small piece of wire-hoop and started doing this one in pink. It turned out much better than my first one (although the picture is crap).

She's really excited to be getting it, actually :)

I did this one while watching Road to El Dorado. It took longer than my first one, because I tried to be a bit more careful with this one. (No such luck; it's still a bit wobbly.)

I think if I had a stronger piece of outside-hoop stuff, something that wouldn't bend if I tugged on it, then I would certainly make a better one! (I'm totally going to try again...)



I really can't wait for the next Pinterest night - it's going to be BOTTLE JELLYFISH! Basically, you take a plastic bag and you ball it up and you put it into a bottle with some water/food coloring and ohmigosh it just look awesome. (The fact that the movie we'll be watching is Beauty and the Beast makes me even more excited!)

What do you think, Readers? Should I make a step-by-step tutorial for the crafts that I've been doing lately, or would all of you just ignore them? Do you think they'd be fun to do? (They're cheap and easy, I think!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this post inspire you? Do you have something you want to share? Go ahead and tell me all about it! I reply to everything, promise! (Just be sure to keep it clean, guys! Seriously!)