Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Becoming a Pokéleague Champion

Two days before Midterms, Pokémon X and Y launched in the first simultaneous Pokémon launch ever (meaning it hit both Japan and the US at the same time, although some stores in Canada let it go a few days early).

The day before Midterms, I picked it up, with the promise to myself that I would not open it until both my Spanish and Bio tests were over (I wasn't worried about the other three). 

Somehow, I managed to hold myself to that promise and not open the game for nearly three days. It was crazy, and I really don't know how I managed to do it. Once I started playing the game, though, I was hooked. The customization you can do in the game is simply stunning (although I wish we could design our own outfits... That would be amazing!), and the hairstyles and everything are great.

The Super Training and Pokémon Amie "games" take place on the lower screen, and they're really fun. Not only do they help make your Pokémon stronger, but they also give you perks in battle and whatnot (like "shaking off" status effects and sometimes "holding on" to avoid one-hit kills, which is great). It certainly is worth taking the time to play with your Pokémon and work your way to the top!

Now that we've all completed the game, a group of friends and I have decided we're going to make our own gym teams. I'm going to be the Psychic gym leader, and I'm going to see if I can create another super team to take on my friends' gyms. (I doubt I'm going to do very well, though, because my friend Drew has been breeding the "perfect team" and he's demolished me 6-0 every time we fight. It's not pretty. But his team is super-effective.)

Anyways, sorry for having this post come a little late :) I know I promised that these "five posts" would be finished within the first two weeks of December. Guess that didn't happen, right? I hope y'all have a great day!

This is a picture from near the end of the game. I don't have a picture of me outside of the League, but this is close enough :)

[Also, if you need more 3DS friends, comment below with your friend code and I'll tell you mine! My Safari Zone is normal-type, but you can get a Chauncey!]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this post inspire you? Do you have something you want to share? Go ahead and tell me all about it! I reply to everything, promise! (Just be sure to keep it clean, guys! Seriously!)