Monday, December 2, 2013

Fili & Kili, at Your Service!

So if you'll remember my post from yesterday, I had a list of five things that I was going to talk about within the next two weeks. The first thing on that list was my Halloween costume! This year, my roomie and I (after meeting each other for the first time) pretty much decided that we were going to cosplay as Fili and Kili for Halloween this year. We went thrifting to find the basics for our costume, and then to Hobby Lobby and JoAnn's Fabrics one day after classes to collect the other things (like trimmings and sheathes and such). Our costumes actually turned out REALLY well.


 First of all, here's a picture of me and my hair. This is before I went to my Anime Club Halloween Party on Monday, October 28th. She pulled the top of my hair back into a little ponytail, then did four small braids on either side. The back she curled and then ruffled so that it looked dwarfish. If you were to look up a picture of Fili from the Hobbit, I'm sure we look kinda similar.



 After the Dorm Halloween Party (on the 30th), we all went outside to take pictures of ourselves in our Halloween costumes. (I'll make a separate blog post with pictures of my other friends and their costumes later, maybe tomorrow.)

This is me against a light post. Probably not the most Middle-Earthish thing around, but it worked.
 And here's my roommate, Sarah, cosplaying as Kili. She found the perfect pieces of her costume at the thrift store and TJ Maxx. She's actually wearing a blue dress underneath the outer covering.

We're just glad that it was warm enough this night for us to actually get out and take pictures without freezing to death!
 And here we are posing next to each other. This is our "serious face."

I don't think I've ever had so much fun posing for pictures. Normally, I avoid cameras as much as humanly possible, because I absolutely HATE having my picture taken. I guess dressing up as a dwarf makes me less camera-shy? Who knows?
Here we are posing on top of a rock on campus. I think my friend Erin took this shot...

It was either Erin or Jessica.

We look so majestic, don't we? 
 Fili and Kili have each other's backs!

We're standing on the chess board outside of Hill House, which is where the Honors Program resides. You can actually rent the chess pieces for this game board inside the house. I kinda want to do that some day; maybe when it warms up a bit.
And here we are posing again.

Fili & Kili have your back!
















I sincerely hope you enjoyed looking at these pictures of Fili and Kili, as played by me and my room mate, respectively. I think we did pretty well, considering that neither of us knew how to sew, really, when we started out. Every piece of clothing came from a thrift store (with the exception of Sarah's dress), and all the accessories came from JoAnn's fabric. We had a LOT of fun taking pictures, and we were so excited to win second place in the Group Costume Contest! It was so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this post inspire you? Do you have something you want to share? Go ahead and tell me all about it! I reply to everything, promise! (Just be sure to keep it clean, guys! Seriously!)