Wednesday, February 12, 2014

*flips table*

This is going to be more of a ranty post than anything else, so if you're uncomfortable with those sorts of things, you can just go ahead and skip this. I swear, I don't rant all this often! It's just lately - the winter weather's really getting to me.

Let's see... Where did today go wrong? 

Well, first of all, I had a Spanish test that I was completely unprepared for. I was kinda hoping for the University to close and the weather to save me from it, but unfortunately, that didn't happen. I mean, I've studied for this test, I've looked over all the material, I've tried my hardest to understand this stuff... but it just didn't work out for me. There were things on the test that I swear we didn't even go over! At least I know I got all the bonus questions right, and I do my homework so hopefully the tests won't impact my grade quite so much.

Second, school was cancelled at 1:00. I had to go to my first two classes, but I didn't have to go to my Chemistry lab, which was something very, very good. I can't stand science, and I loathe chemistry especially.

Third, my family tried to upgrade their phones today. Since I'm still at school, I can't upgrade yet, so my dad tells the AT&T person to just upgrade the THREE phones. Mysteriously, around the same time, my phone stops working, so I use my boyfriend's (Matt's) to call my sister. Apparently, AT&T burned my SIM card along with everyone else's, so they could get new ones. So I'm without a phone until I go to the AT&T store on Friday to upgrade my phone.

Fourth, I'm having a female problem. (TMI upcoming, y'all. So if you're male or squeamish, you might want to look away.) I have a yeast infection, and it's not very awesome. But I went to CVS and bought myself a little kit and hopefully everything will be better by Saturday morning. Otherwise my life is kinda gonna suck.

BUT LET'S GET TO THE FLIP SIDE. Now that I've flipped the table, the good things are starting to appear.

First, Matt and I exchanged Valentine's presents today. We couldn't go out, unfortunately, because the roads are all iced over. I got him a purple tank for his e-cig and a Harley & Joker tshirt (from Wal-Mart!). I'm hoping to get him a Harley Quinn figurine when we go out to his comic book shop on our date. He got me a set of Batman earrings & necklace, a Batman & Catwoman kiss tank, and a Harley Quinn reusable tote bag (all from Hot Topic). It was wonderful, and I'm not at all sad about missing going out tonight. There's always tomorrow, or next week!

Second, I learned how to play Call of Duty: Black Ops II. Matt taught me how to play Halo last week, and now this week he's teaching me how to play Black Ops. I'm not usually one for shooting games, but it's actually pretty interesting. (I usually play RPGs more.)

Third, I'm starting to get more hours at TreeTop! I talked to my "Momma Bear," Russia, who talked to the owner and got me more hours and in cafĂ©, where I love to work. (Mostly because I don't have to deal with as many little children as I would in, say, Laser Tag.) So while my last few paychecks have been TERRIBLE, at least this week they're going to start getting a little better!

Fourth, I've started saving all my tips in a tip jar that I made myself so that I can go and buy Bravely Default in a couple of weeks. I'm so excited to go and buy this game, because I've played the demo and it's really, really cool. Plus, I absolutely LOVE SquareEnix and RPGs. So hopefully this is going to turn out okay.

If you look at it, there's really no reason for me to be stressed. I guess I'm gonna have to calm down and just take things one step at a time. Otherwise, I'll probably end up as a smear on the sidewalk when I collapse under the weight of all the stress I'm carrying.

What have y'all been up to lately? Had trouble with school? Sick of this winter weather? Talk to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this post inspire you? Do you have something you want to share? Go ahead and tell me all about it! I reply to everything, promise! (Just be sure to keep it clean, guys! Seriously!)