Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Update on my Car

Apparently, it's a good thing Garrett noticed my flat tire on Saturday. That was my right rear tire, for any of y'all keeping track. Why's it a good thing?

My right front tire had a huge gash in it, and was essentially a ticking time bomb for a blowout. I could have had a wreck and been either seriously injured or killed, depending on where the wreck happened and if I'd been able to keep the car under control. (I've never been in an accident before, you see.)

I'm thinking that my tire probably got the gash when I had to run into a curb. I was trying to pull into this last parking space at TreeTop, right next to the fence, and all of a sudden, this kid throws open his door and hops out, forcing me to make a choice: I could either hit him or the fence. So I chose the fence. Thankfully, I didn't hit the fence, but I did scruff up my rim really, really bad on the curb (and also probably gashed my tire at the same time). 

So, my car will be fixed...sometime. No idea when. At the very least, the car place was able to catch this before it got any worse. Thank goodness they do all-over inspections!

Anyways, I've got a paper to get back to, so I've got to wrap this up. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this post inspire you? Do you have something you want to share? Go ahead and tell me all about it! I reply to everything, promise! (Just be sure to keep it clean, guys! Seriously!)