Saturday, February 22, 2014

Two Purchases I'll Never Regret

It's been an interesting week. (I mean, I learned that my English teacher indirectly hates my guts because I followed her instructions to the letter. Oh well.) But when I got home yesterday, I was able to get my hands on two things that made my week much, much better.

Yesterday, I stopped by my workplace (an arcade) to pick up my paycheck from last week. I had more hours on there than I'd had in several weeks, so I was happy to see that I had enough to get $50 cash and still put more than that in my checking account.

Anyway, I check my ticket balance, get my employee bonus (two attractions and $5 arcade credit per week), and walk around to the prize center to see if I see anything I want. Then I see the MAJESTIC WOLF PILLOW to the left. I told AJ, "Please give me the MAJESTIC WOLF PILLOW."

"One MAJESTIC WOLF PILLOW. It's wonderful and will love you forever." 

So now I'm the proud owner of a MAJESTIC WOLF PILLOW (and yes, you must say it like it's in all caps.

Then I get home and find a stack of mail waiting for me. (I love ordering free samples off the internet; I used to have a post about it, and I'll probably have to bring that post back, because I LOVE it! I'll have to update it, of course, but it's mostly still awesome.) 

Anyways, the top of the pile was my shirt, seen to the right. It's a mashup of Disney's Frozen and Game of Thrones, which is my new favorite book series. (Although several of the character deaths are making me want to rip my hair out and curl into a corner and die. But I know there are a lot more deaths incoming. I don't know how Martin still has characters populating his world for a sixth book!!)

I'm going to wear this shirt on Thursday to give me the confidence I need to go through my story's critique in Creative Writing. (I submitted a fanfiction. I hope nobody in the class has played the game it's related to!!)

Anyways, how has your guys' week been? I'm hoping to start talking about happier things, rather than always complaining. You see, my friend Kiera and I have been talking about how we need to get a group of teenagers together and have a blogging circle. Although I'm no longer  going to be in the "teen blogging" group by August of this year (I'll be turning 20 - yikes!), I still think that older teenagers need to have a group of people that they can trust and in turn get support on their blogs and whatnot. What do you guys all think? 

I'm really going to be trying to talk about happier things. I know my post yesterday about my parents was really a downer. But since I've been dating Matt, and really since sophomore year of college started, I've been a lot happier than I have been in months. I'm finally free of the poisonous grip of my ex-boyfriend, and I am truly happy again. So, my promise to you is that I'll limit myself to no more than three depressing posts a month, okay? (Because sometimes depressing things have to be shared so that you don't bottle them up inside and explode on the wrong person.) The rest of the time, I'm going to write about my days and funny little things I've done.

Also, I'm going to try and do what Kiera's saying in the blog post I linked above: try one new thing every week in March. I think it's time to start trying new things. Who knows? Maybe I'll like something. Be sure to look forward to those posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this post inspire you? Do you have something you want to share? Go ahead and tell me all about it! I reply to everything, promise! (Just be sure to keep it clean, guys! Seriously!)