Friday, July 19, 2013

Curiouser and Curiouser

I have been writing on this blog for nearly two months now, and I have nearly 650 pageviews. That could be seen as not bad, but compared to my old blog, it's a laugh.

My old blog, which has been discontinued because the subject matter no longer applies to me (although I really wish it did, and maybe one day it will again), still gets up to three times the daily pageviews that my active blog does. It's hovering at around 3,365 pageviews. It had around 2,500 when I stopped writing on it two months ago.

Sometimes, even when I update this blog, I get no pageviews that day. On the flip side, ABGFL gets a dozen or more pageviews. It's a really interesting observation.

I suppose this is because the other blog had a point and a purpose. It had slightly-educational things on there. I talked about my experiences. I talked about what was going to happen in the coming months. I had a plan, I had several blog series going, and I knew what my life was going to be like.

This blog is simply a rambling collection of short stories and life experiences. I don't really have anything to do with it; it just kind of writes its own self after a while. And now that I've run out of "scheduled posts," I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to be writing. I know I'm going to attempt to keep posting a short story every Tuesday, but I don't know how long that will last. I won't run out of stories to post on Wednesdays, that's for sure (TreeTop is never boring, let me tell you). I'll still be doing my Monthly Resolutions and linking up with Kelli at She Learns As She Goes.

I guess I should be excited that I've managed to get nearly 700 pageviews in just two months. That doesn't normally happen, does it? Especially for little-known, rambling personal blogs. Maybe once I get this novel published, I'll have to figure out actual content to put on the blog, because I'll have people Googling me like crazy. (Hopefully.)

Anyway. That's just my little observation for today. I'm going to finish getting ready for the day now. My dad's taking us out shooting, and I finally get to fire the gun he bought for me last October! (I'm so excited. Plus, I can legally concealed-carry it in less than a month!)

Allonsy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this post inspire you? Do you have something you want to share? Go ahead and tell me all about it! I reply to everything, promise! (Just be sure to keep it clean, guys! Seriously!)