Saturday, July 6, 2013

I Need a Tub of Bath Salts - STAT

It's been years - absolutely years - since I last took a bath. It was the summer before eighth grade started. I don't know why I suddenly outgrew baths, but for some reason, I never wanted to take another bath again.

Until a few nights ago.

If you remember my post about going to Earthbound with my sister, you'll recall that I bought two bags of vanilla-scented bath salts while I was there. I'd never used bath salts before (or, if I have, I can't remember that far back), and these would be a real treat.

So, let's rewind to the day I talked to Charlie for the first time in over three months (don't ask; it's a long story). It was the Fourth of July. I was still hurting deep inside, my texting-buddy was puking his guts out at his house, and my family had gone to bed. So I did what any normal, heartbroken teenage girl would do:

I took a midnight bath.

All right, all right; it didn't exactly occur at midnight. I was in there for maybe an hour, between 10:30 and 11:30. Don't ask me for the exact times; I'm not sure of them myself. I lost track while I was listening to my classical music.

First, I scrubbed the tub; I didn't want to be sitting in dirt from my showers, after all. Then I ran hot water, lit a few candles, and poured the contents of one of my bath salt bags into the water. I dialed up my classical music station on Pandora, grabbed a book, and stepped in.

And oh, my goodness. It was amazing. I stayed in until the water got warmish, then I decided to let everything go and get out. I sat in the tub as the water ran out. Then I got up and dried off, put on a pair of soft pajamas, and crawled into bed. My skin felt soft, and I felt relaxed and calm. Maybe if I do this often enough, I'll stop stressing and my acne will clear up. 

So, readers, never underestimate the powers of a hot bath. Turns out, I'm going to have to find myself a giant tub of bath salts, or maybe some bath bombs, or perhaps even some bubble bath. It won't be every day, but every now and then, after a long shift at café or a particularly stressful day (every day's stressful around me; I seem to have a knack for it), I'll draw a bath and use my bath salts.



Now I just have to find a good scent. (What do y'all know about lavender? Eucalyptus? Jasmine? I went with vanilla because it seemed the safer choice.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this post inspire you? Do you have something you want to share? Go ahead and tell me all about it! I reply to everything, promise! (Just be sure to keep it clean, guys! Seriously!)