Friday, July 5, 2013

Shopping with Sarah

Sometimes, all I want to do is just get out and walk around a store. It doesn't really matter what store, so long as there are things to look at. I probably won't buy very much, but I just like shopping. (Is that so bad?) Guess I'm more of a girly-girl than I thought I was. 

Anyway, on Monday, my sister and I went shopping on a spur-of-the-moment thing. We left for the Brookwood Mall at 2:00 (we'd both gotten up late), and spent two hours there before heading to the Summit mall (it's all outdoors) to Barnes & Noble.

I like going to Brookwood, even though it's so far away, because it's the only place nearby that has a Hot Topic and an Earthbound. (If you haven't visited those stores, you owe it to yourself to do so. Now.)


We tried on sunglasses in Earthbound, along with several Mardi Gras masks. I really should've bought the sunglasses I have on in this picture - they were only $3. (I'm the one on the right, if you can't tell.)

We may have had too much fun at Earthbound - we maybe spent around a half hour in there. I ended up buying some bath salts -- I haven't taken a bath in years, and I think I'd like to take a relaxing one some day soon. I need something relaxing, yo!
I bought this cool Hetalia keychain in Hot Topic (they had no shirts that I wanted, and the dress I was interested in was too low-cut for my taste).

We walked around Claire's (I contemplated getting a second piercing), and then we browsed Books-a-Million before heading back to my car.

We puttered away to the Summit (there was some serious traffic) and went to Barnes & Noble. We headed straight to the café section.


You can get Cheesecake Factory cheesecake at B&N for about half the price of a slice at the restaurant. And who's going to pass up THAT deal?!

The cashier/barista-lady didn't seem pleased with us, so we got away from the register as quickly as possible and sat down in the café area to eat our cheesecake. We were both disappointed that we couldn't have the whole thing - but we were already running late, and we would be eating barbeque sandwiches at home soon. 


After eating half our cheesecake (it was almost supper time, after all), I went searching for a specific book - the Sherlock Holmes B&N edition.

It's over 1,000 pages, has gilded edges, and it's got beautiful endpapers. What more can you ask for from a book such as this? (It was $20, but I'm not complaining.) I also own a Grimm's Fairy Tales book in this sort of collection. They're so gorgeous.
I also ended up getting a Hobbit tote-bag. I'm still not sure what I'm going to use it for, but it was on sale - 30% off. Who's going to argue with that? There was also a Hunger Games bag, and supposedly a Harry Potter bag (but that one was sold out). I'm now going to use this bag as my Travel Bag. I'll put my books and stuff in it whenever we travel. It's also the perfect size to take to the pool!




So, that's what I did on Monday. I think it went rather well, and I ended up spending less than $40, I think. ($28 for the book/bag, $12 for the cheesecake, $4 for the bath salts... Yeah. About $34. My sister bought the keychain because I bought her a slice of cheesecake/some water.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this post inspire you? Do you have something you want to share? Go ahead and tell me all about it! I reply to everything, promise! (Just be sure to keep it clean, guys! Seriously!)