Monday, July 8, 2013

Pandora

So, I've recently come to the realization that I listen to the same music over and over again, and it's getting a bit tedious. Sure, SIRIUS XM helps when I'm in the car, but there are so many stations, and my family very rarely agrees on any of them. (Most of the time, the dial's stuck on 80s on 8, which I'm not complaining about, but STILL.)

It makes me wonder about my music choices.

I mean, sure, I listen to some odd things. (Who doesn't?) I listen to Celtic, Old Country, Classic Rock, Opera scores, video game music, and random stuff like that. I'm not big into "Indie" music, I think Rap should die a very painful death, and dubstep sometimes just sounds like random noise. "Oh, look what we could throw into a blender! I wonder what sound it would make?"

Stuff like that.

Imagine my surprise, then, when my friend Hunter recommended Pandora Radio. This boy goes around with headphones in his ears 24/7, you understand. And while he listens to a TON of Indie stuff (which I don't particularly agree with, but then again, to each his/her own, of course), he's pretty much the go-to person about musical things.

Sometimes.

Sometimes I want to throttle him because he keeps pressing music on me that I DON'T WANT to listen to. Dubstep, for instance. (I can't stand the stuff.) Indie music. (It's all so WEIRD. Some of it makes me want to punch puppies.)

But sometimes he actually gives good advice. Like recommending the Pandora App [App Store || Android || Blackberry] for my iPad. (He uses his iPad CONSTANTLY. I haven't turned mine on in over a month.)

So I downloaded it and gave it a shot.

I'm so very glad I did. I've even got my sister attached to it now. (She learned, the hard way, that you can only have 100 channels on Pandora. She filled those up within two hours.) It's a very useful app, and I don't mind the ads at all. Yes, some of them are audio ads, but overall, I don't think they detract from my listening experience. And I'm certainly not going to pay $3.99 a month for an ad-free experience, thank you. I've got the app loaded on both my phone and my tablet, and it's very easy to set up and learn (which I'm thankful for).

You can only listen for 40 hours a month on your phone. (I'm not so sure about tablets.) I do believe it's unlimited on your computer, though! (My sister used up her 40 hours in under a week.)

So, if you're just itching for some new music to try, check out the Pandora app (OR WEBSITE!). I promise you, you won't be disappointed! :) [Find me here!]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this post inspire you? Do you have something you want to share? Go ahead and tell me all about it! I reply to everything, promise! (Just be sure to keep it clean, guys! Seriously!)