Wednesday, July 31, 2013

July Report Card

Well, July went by fast. Let's see how this month stacks up...


Put $300 into Savings

July 2: Earned: $138.58. Saved: $75.00.
July 9: Earned: $163.38. Saved: $75.00.
July 16: Earned: $195.16. Saved: $100.00.
July 23: Earned: $xxx.xx. Saved: $75.00
July 31: Earned: $159.87. Saved: $75.00

Total Saved: $400. This may only be because I had five weeks to work with this month instead of four, like usual.

It's a lot easier to save $75 than I thought it was. This is going to be a very easy resolution to keep. Maybe I can continue doing $300 a month instead of $200. (At least during the summer, May, June, July, and part of August. Maybe December. It all depends on my work schedule, after all.)

Grade: A+


Keep My Room Clean

My room is...decent. I did have to go through and do a clean-up the other day, but for right now, it's all right. I still have a really messy corner, though - the corner where I plug in all my electronics. I sit them on top of my trunk. Unfortunately, that's where I also pile a lot of crap. So I've got to sit down and sift through that next month, and see what I need to throw away and what I need to reorganize.

Grade: B-


Read Four Books

I'm working my way through the books! So far, I've completed:
The Alchemyst, by Michael Scott
The Magician, by Michael Scott
The Sorceress, by Michael Scott
The Necromancer, by Michael Scott
The Warlock, by Michael Scott
Eats, Shoots and Leaves, by Lynn Truss
Magyk, by Angie Sage
Flyte, by Angie Sage

And I'm working on reading:
The Complete Sherlock Holmes, by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Gone With the Wind, by Margaret Mitchell

But I managed to read eight books this month! I really don't know where I found the time to do so, but I'm not complaining!

Grade: A+


WALK

The only walking I've been doing is pacing at work and walking the mall with my sister. I've really got to pick up on this. I'm probably just going to scratch this off of my resolutions list, because I know I'll never get it done.

Grade: F


Write!

I've been writing on receipt paper whenever I work café, because it's usually a slow day when I work. I haven't just been able to sit down and write, even though I know I really should be doing that. I guess I'm procrastinating again, because I think I might be stuck in another "writer's block" rut. How do I have them talk when they're traveling? Am I putting in too many extraneous details? What's going on?

Grade: C



Graphics...?

I've reopened my review site on Neopets, but I haven't done anything graphic-related. In hindsight, this was a very bad resolution to put up. I knew I wouldn't do anything graphic-related, but apparently, I didn't care. 

Grade: F


***

Overall Grade: C+


I promise, next month's resolutions will be much better. I did well this month (even though I failed two resolutions), but I know I can do better next time.

Come back tomorrow to check in with me as I tell you what I want to accomplish in August!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this post inspire you? Do you have something you want to share? Go ahead and tell me all about it! I reply to everything, promise! (Just be sure to keep it clean, guys! Seriously!)