Friday, July 12, 2013

Donuts, Y'all!

Doughnuts. Donuts. However you spell it, the word means the same thing: DEEP-FRIED DELICIOUSNESS. (I mean, you can bake them if you want, but the only way to make these things as delicious as possible is to dump them in a pot of boiling oil.)

Now, I'm going to share my fool-proof donut-making recipe. We figured it out by trial and error, but I'm sure it's already on the internet somewhere.

Ready? 

Here...we...go!

What you'll need:
  • Pot of oil (vegetable or canola)
  • Bowl of sugar
  • Plate & paper towels (for draining the donuts)
  • Slotted spoon
  • Barbecue fork (two tines)
  • Normal fork (for dipping the donuts in sugar)
  • Pillsbury Country-Style Biscuits (they come in a can)
  • Apple Corer
Got your stuff? Let's begin.

 All right. You got your biscuits. They're cold and refrigerated. So, we open up the can. (The kind I get has ten biscuits in a tin.)


 Get out your apple corer. This is mine.


 Flatten your biscuits out a slight bit, then punch the centers out of them. Carefully pop the centers out.


 Wait for your oil to warm up, then pop the donut holes in them. (That's the centers of the biscuits you punched out, all right?) They'll float to the top when the oil's nice and hot, and then you'll watch them. When they're all brown, all over (keep turning them with your slotted spoon), take them out.


 I've put my donut holes on the slotted spoon in the draining-plate so they'll drain. (I'm not going to use the spoon again.) I wait a few minutes, and then...


 I dump the donut holes in sugar. And I roll them around until they're evenly coated. (Go ahead, have one. They're amazing.)


 ALL RIGHT. Time for the donuts! Drop them into the oil (you can use the BBQ fork if you're leery) and wait for them to rise and brown, just like the donut holes. The first few donuts should take a little longer than the last few. Just be sure not to burn them!


 Take your donuts out and put them on your draining plate again. Make sure all that oil drips off of them before you shove them in the sugar!


NOM NOM NOM! It's delicious donut time!

***

So, how'd your donuts come out? Were the fantastic? Did your family try them? (My family fights over the donut holes.)

I sincerely hope you enjoyed this, and that this was easy to follow! Please tell me what you thought of this!

3 comments:

  1. I ate donuts made like that at a friend's house.... came home with food poisoning. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had these at least ten times in the past two months, and I've never gotten food poisoning. Perhaps the biscuits were bad, she was using old oil, or she didn't cook them long enough.

      Delete
    2. No idea! Makes me skiddish, though. Like, one bad experience to rule them all. >.< I will live the rest of my life in fear.... *depressing face*

      Delete

Did this post inspire you? Do you have something you want to share? Go ahead and tell me all about it! I reply to everything, promise! (Just be sure to keep it clean, guys! Seriously!)