Monday, August 5, 2013

And Then There Were Twelve

I'm probably not the greatest person to talk about this, considering that I haven't even watched Season Three of the Doctor Who reboot, but I think I want to weigh in on this.

If you haven't heard yet, the twelfth doctor was announced yesterday on BBC. (I was able to watch it live. I then spent nearly four hours watching recaps of the old doctors.)


Everything on the Doctor Who Facebook page was in absolute chaos. You had the people who were vehemently opposed to the choice, and then you had the people who wanted to see what he would do with the role.

I think he's going to be a sassy doctor. We always need more sass in BBC shows. 

The people who were arguing against him hated his age, hated the way he had played on other shows, hated the fact that he'd already played a (very, very, very minor) character on Doctor Who, and just didn't like his looks. (Honestly, I think they hated him because they can't write softcore fanfiction about the Doctor and his companion, or the Doctor and them. Because then it'd be pedaphilia.) 

The people who enjoyed this choice liked the fact that he was an older doctor (he's the same age as the First Doctor), they loved the acting choice (he's apparently been a great actor in other things), and they just loved him in general.

These two factions are at an all-out war.

I'd like to add in my own little rant about this.

Give the man a chance. You know nothing about how he's going to act as the Doctor. You don't know how he's going to be. It's a horrible thing to judge someone by their looks alone. So what if he's a little older? Some of the older doctors were some of the best. Just because he's older doesn't mean he's going to be terrible.

However, he's still not ginger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this post inspire you? Do you have something you want to share? Go ahead and tell me all about it! I reply to everything, promise! (Just be sure to keep it clean, guys! Seriously!)