Monday, August 26, 2013

Sophomore Year: First Day, DOWN!

So, today was the first day of Sophomore Year. And it actually went pretty well. I'm just not excited that my first class of the day, at nine o'clock, is Spanish 201. I hate Spanish. I really wish I didn't, but I just don't like it. I can understand it, but my tongue gets tripped up with speaking it.

BUT ANYWAYS.

Spanish 201: The instructor's the same guy that I had last semester. He's really funny, and hopefully I'll be able to actually pay attention in class this semester.

MUS 121: This is basically "introduction to music." We'll be listening to things, we'll be learning about Western Music and Composers and whatnot, and stuff like that. Hopefully, I'll ace this class. (It doesn't seem like it'd be too hard to do that, anyways.) The instructor's a bit of a pushover, according to my friend Jamie. So there's that to think about, too. But she seems really nice!

COMS 103: This is the Honors communications class. It's taught by this really ADHD asian lady. She seems IMMENSELY nice. My room mate's in this class, too! And so is one of the friends that I made on my midnight Steak & Shake run last year! :3 It's still probably going to be a bit hard, but hopefully, since it's an honors class, the group project will be easy! (And I'll get to do a movie project-thing on Secondhand Lions! HOW COOL IS THAT.)

I went to lunch between Music & Coms, and WOW. They completely changed the cafeteria over the summer! And the food is so much better now! (But they're lacking in ice cream. That's the only sad part.) I had a tuna sub and some home-made chips for lunch. FANTASTIC.

After my last class of the day (COMS), I went back to the room and played Animal Crossing for a while. At 4:00, I headed to the Main Quad to this "Back to School Bash" thing. Last year, there was all sorts of free stuff and whatnot. I did manage to get a few free things, but the main thing that I got for free was a wax hand.

Yes, you heard me right:

A WAX HAND.

 This is the company that made our hands. It's basically saying that we can bedazzle our wax hands once we're done. LIKE WHO WOULDN'T WANT TO DO THAT, YO.

 I wish now that I had taken pictures of MY experience, but I was so cold that I couldn't think straight. Basically, first you put your hand in this ice water for about ten to twenty minutes. Then you dip your hand in the hot wax (but you don't feel it because your hand is pretty much frozen). Then you put it in the water again, then the wax, then the water, then the wax, until the dude's decided that you've had enough.

 Then he peels the wax off your hand. (This is my roomie Sarah, by the way.)

 THEN WE GOT TO BEDAZZLE THEM, YOU. Nail polish, feather boas, stickers, and stuff.

 This is my hand! It's the Vulcan Salute. I mean, it's a little fat, because I didn't realize how fast the wax would set, and the guy had me dip it a ton. I put little rhinestones on it!

 This is my Vulcan Salute with a blue rose!

We put our hands in the fridge, because they were still warm and we wanted them to not melt and stuff!

So it was a really interesting day. I'm sure I'll have more to report tomorrow, what with Bingo and the "Carmichael's Crypt" thing and wahtnot! Until then!

ALLONSY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this post inspire you? Do you have something you want to share? Go ahead and tell me all about it! I reply to everything, promise! (Just be sure to keep it clean, guys! Seriously!)