Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Sophomore Year: I've now been to ALL of my classes!

And some of them may be more difficult than others.

My Psychology class may be interesting, but I'm not quite sure if I will like it or not. I'm not sure at all if I'm going to be able to make it through the class without breaking down in tears. For some reason, I spent the entire class thinking about Charlie. IS HE BREAKING INTO MY MIND WITH HIS PSYCHOBABBLE?! God help me.

My Biology class is going to be...interesting. The professor reminds me of a Hobbit, which is kinda cool, I suppose.

I also have a sort of "job" for the Bio class. I take notes, and then I take them to the Disabilities Services Center and give them to the ladies. There's a student in my Bio class who isn't able to take notes for himself, so that's what I'm doing. And I get paid $100 at the end of the semester to do so! What could possibly be easier than that? (I'm taking the notes in class, then typing them up when I get back to the dorm and emailing them. It's easier for me, and will probably be easier for him to read than my handwriting is. But if they need me to handwrite them, I will do so.)

My roomie and I went out to Alabaster after lunch (she drove, and it was a little scary, not gonna lie). We were looking for a magnifying glass, because we want to make a shoebox projector so that we can watch Netflix from my phone and have it projected onto the wall above our fridge. (WOULDN'T THAT BE AWESOME?!) We couldn't find a magnifying glass, sadly, that didn't have one of those extra "super magnifying" circles on it. 

Sarah did buy a book at Books-a-Million, though: William Shakespeare's Star Wars. I bought a copy a few weeks ago, and when I showed it to her, she dropped everything and bought it. Then we hung around the Doctor Who table for a bit, and we talked about the stuff on it. She said she was going to go and pay for her book, and I wandered around for a bit.

We went to Target to look for rain boots (nada), then to TJ Maxx (zilch), and finally to Rack Room Shoes. Theyw ere having a "Buy One, Get One 50% off" deal, so we decided to buy the same pair of rain boots (they were really cute!) and split the cost in half. So, instead of paying $48 a pair, we paid about $36. And that was a GREAT deal. (Watch it not rain for a long, long time. But I can use these for the next two years, too. So that's good, right?)

When we got back to the room, Sarah surprised me with a K-9 figure! Turns out she'd bought him at the Doctor Who table while my back was turned. I put him on my shelf for a quick picture (next to my papercraft TARDIS and my Catwoman String Doll Keychain), then I put the keyring part of him to good use! He's now protecting my dorm key from all the evils in the world, and that's just find for me! (Isn't he just absolutely adorable, though? I love K-9, even though I've only seen him in one episode: the one where Ten meets up with Sarah Jane so many years later, in a school where these creepy vampire thingies are killing students and using them to hack the universe. It's strange.)

So, after getting K-9, I went to go eat dinner. And after dinner, it was BINGO TIME!

College kids are legit into BINGO. I mean, we had like 50 people packed into the teensy tiny little room. Everyone had their game cards, and we were all on edge the entire time. (I never won. I didn't even get very close. It sucked. But there's always January!)

One guy won THREE TIMES with the same card. They only let him get one prize, though - he got his lawn chair and he was happy! (He's such a cutie - too bad he's gay.) He's running for SGA president, actually!

After BINGO, I chilled in the room for a while. Sarah went to the BCM meeting, and I waited for 9:00 to roll around. The library was doing this "Carmichael's Crypt" thing again: you follow clues around the library that eventually leads you to the school's graveyard. I got first place last year with my group, and we got third place this year. (We decided to give ourselves "honorary second place," though, because we're pretty sure that Group #1 cheated.) We really bonded! I was standing alone when these girls (sisters, in fact) came up and talked to me about my Doctor Who shirt, and then Erin and these two other girls showed up, and we just decided to become Team Time Lord. And it worked!

We got a "bag of swag" at the end. Print Cards, Chocolates, and highlighters & pens (I got a highlighter, but that's all right!). Divvied up the goods, then sat down in a circle for cake. (We also each got a book, because we were some of the first ones back.)

I hope those pictures get put on Facebook! That'd be SO COOL!

I hope I see the sisters again! They seemed so cool!

So now I'm in my room, at 11:00 at night, waiting for my caffeine to wear off so I can go to sleep. Drinking an entire can of Dr. Pepper at 10:00 probably wasn't my brightest idea ever. It's going to be a long night. (I think Sarah's already asleep, too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this post inspire you? Do you have something you want to share? Go ahead and tell me all about it! I reply to everything, promise! (Just be sure to keep it clean, guys! Seriously!)