Friday, August 23, 2013

Sophomore Year: The Night Before Move-In

So, everyone! I'm semi-back from the grave (well, almost), and I would like to share with you what I've done the past few days.

Last night, I couldn't sleep, so I cleaned my bathroom. Picked up all the laundry, put it in a laundry bag, and brought it downstairs. Cleaned off my little hamper/shelf thing I have. Scrubbed my toilet and my bathtub. Threw away random crap. Cleaned up my sink. Swept (EW).


 Seeing from my bathroom door looking in. There's a bit of a mess atop the toilet and the organizer, due to my pajamas and tomorrow's clothes, respectively. Otherwise, it's so CLEAN!

Bathroom sink. It's also very, very clean. It'll look a lot neater tomorrow, once I take my makeup case and stuff off and head to college.

It took about an hour and a half.


This morning, I tidied up my Corner, as I call it. It's where I plug in everything that I have to plug in. It's also a catch-all for all of my crap. 



(Sorry the angle's weird; I was looking from over my bed. But you get the general gist: It's EXTREMELY messy. Eurgh. I was always scared that things were going to crawl out and get me. I did find two spiders, which I promptly squished and vacuumed up.)

All nice and neat and stuff! All my chargers are neatly tucked away, I can actually see the floor, and everything has it's own space! (I threw away a lot of stuff.)

This morning (and some of yesterday), I packed all of my college crap in boxes and carted them from the upstairs, to the dining room, then to the basement, so I could inventory everything and my mother could help me organize things as needed.


Starting from the left in the back, you see the two foam mattress pads (I'm giving one to my room mate), my mini-fridge, the pillows, hampers (under the pillows), and the over-toilet rack (and the handle of the swiffer sweeper). In the front, I have my little plastic drawers and all my shirts that I'm taking with me. Between the drawers and the toilet rack, I have a laundry basket filled with all the cleaning supplies that I'm bringing. To the left of the basket (also behind the drawers), I have my little black ottoman, which is filled with my little fan, styrofoam cups, power strips, RAID, and plastic spoons. My suitcase is also there somewhere, and it has my pants, underwear, hairbrush, socks, and "hygiene" items in it.


In these white box, I have all my food, my little plastic cup and bowl, my insulated cup, and my cokes. Beside the white box, I have two packages of mini water bottles (they fit better in the fridge, they were BOGO, and I don't drink a lot of water in one sitting, anyways). In the red box, I have my little speaker pillow, my lamp, hair towels, and other miscellaneous items. In the clear box under the red box, I have my blanket, my mattress cover, my bathroom rugs, and my TARDIS blanket. (I'm obsessed.) My printer's in the back by the couch.

All of these boxes are downstairs in our basement, where my dad keeps his hunting trophies and we keep our old furniture. (It's a fully furnished basement, with a bed, a minifridge, couch, chairs, sink, bathroom, and closet. And all sorts of stuff stuffed in the closets.)


So, after I've gotten everything inventoried and organized, my mother and I went shopping to pick up a few extra things, like a bowl, some more hangers, and some cereal and stuff. (I'm going to have to get milk and yogurt and stuff on Saturday afternoon, probably. From CVS. Because I have Extra Care Bucks.)


We spent the rest of the day trying to figure out why my scholarship wasn't showing up in my student account. (It's all been fixed now, so no worries!)


I picked up my sister from school and we got milkshakes.


We took my sister's clarinet to the music shop later, found out that it's rusted (so began the hurried "CALL EVERYONE WE KNOW THAT HAS A CLARINET!" freakout), and it will be about two weeks before she can pick it up.


Took home Papa John's for supper, and we watched M*A*S*H*.


After supper, I went downstairs and cleaned out my car. I took out all the mats, wiped down everything with Armor-All, and then vacuumed EVERYTHING. The floors, the mats, the seats, the cupholders... It's extremely clean now. I even took off my shoes before I got back in to adjust the seats, because I didn't want to get it even the slightest bit dirty. 


I also washed the mats (that was backbreaking), and I even vacuumed the trunk.


I wish I'd had time to wash my car, but it was already 7:30 and still 85ยบ outside, so that was out of the question. (I hate the heat.) So I'm going to college with a filthy car on the outside, but a clean car on the inside.


Then we packed the car. The trunk is full to bursting! My suitcase, printer, ottoman, water bottles, and laundry basket are in the trunk. The mattress pads, pillows, hampers, and all my hanging clothes are in the back seat (along with my umbrella). Everything else is going to go in the truck tomorrow morning!


My room mate got to move in today. (I'm going to have to rearrange the furniture when I get there tomorrow, anyways.)


I'm excited and nervous at the same time. This girl's a complete stranger. Sure, we like some of the same things, but I hope I'm not too weird for her! :/ Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this post inspire you? Do you have something you want to share? Go ahead and tell me all about it! I reply to everything, promise! (Just be sure to keep it clean, guys! Seriously!)