Saturday, August 10, 2013

Guess Who's Going to be a Party Captain?

Unfortunately, the answer to that question is "Me."

I'm absolutely terrified of being a party captain. Not only do you have to deal with anywhere from five to fifty kids by yourself for two whole hours, but you have to deal with their parents. You have to keep all of them happy, and you have to keep them on schedule. You have to be able to answer all their questions as well as keep them from foaming at the mouth over what they're doing with their children.

It's not something I ever wanted to do at TreeTop. I was assured that I wouldn't be asked to do something that I didn't want to do. I'm not asked to cashier (that's the best part), but I also never wanted to be a party captain. I was told I didn't have to; there were plenty of other capable people.

I guess all of those "capable people" have left for college or something now, because I'm being trained as a party captain next week. (I have two three-hour days. WHAT.)

This is literally one of my worst nightmares. I stress out way too easily. I let things get to me. I probably have an aneurysm building up or something, because a lot of the time I have to go into the giant freezer in the back and calm down before I murder someone or start sobbing.

I thought café was stressful. I'm terrified to see what a Party Captain's life is going to be like.

I'm not good with small children. I don't know what to do to keep them happy. I'm one of the shyest people you'll meet, although I have gotten better since working at TreeTop. Eye contact makes me hella nervous, though, and having to explain to adults that No, we don't do it like that would probably make me have a stroke.

I am extremely nervous about this. I don't want to captain parties. I don't want all of that responsibility on my shoulders. I'm perfectly happy being in café or running laser tag or even being a Clubhouse Captive.

Just don't make me a party captain.

Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this post inspire you? Do you have something you want to share? Go ahead and tell me all about it! I reply to everything, promise! (Just be sure to keep it clean, guys! Seriously!)