Thursday, September 26, 2013

MARINA'S AWAKE!!!!

I just got off the phone with my mother, who had previously gotten off the phone with Mrs. Deanna (Hunter's mom). She said that Deanna had gone and talked to Marina today, at Hunter's request.

"Wait...you said TALKED?! MARINA'S AWAKE?!"

"Yes! She's awake! She's conscious, and she's /aware/. She can hold a short conversation with you. She seems to be doing better."

"When did she wake up?!"

"I have no idea; I didn't ask Deanna that. They're talking of moving Marina to a rehab facility soon, so she can really focus on getting better."

"That's...that's fantastic! Wow! ...Does she know how she got there?"

"... ... I didn't ask Deanna that, but I'm sure she does. You can't just wake up in a hospital and not get told how you got there without being told everything. I don't know how she's dealing with that."

"What about Hunter?"

SO. Hunter's looking MUCH, MUCH BETTER, according to his mother! I guess they MUST have missed something in his first surgery, or something, because if she says he's doing better, and LOOKS better, then he must really have improved since I last saw him! 

Tomorrow, they're going to try and get him to move from the bed to the chair.

He's still got all the tubes and things in, so that's all right. He's getting better care.

And when they did the surgery, they found a bone fragment in his hip that they're going to remove later. Once Hunter's recovered and gone home. He'll come back to the hospital and they'll remove that in an outpatient procedure.

BUT MY BROTHER IS DOING MUCH BETTER! You have no idea how happy that makes me!
And coupled with the news that Marina's AWAKE AND TALKING!! WOW! (I mean, I don't know the girl, but I've been praying so hard that she'll be okay and not damaged mentally... I've seen her mother and talked with her father. It's just...incredible.) 

It's been a good evening!

I'm going to go visit Hunter in the hospital on Sunday (because I <i>know</i> he'll still be there then), so I'll give you a full-on update then! (I may give little updates before then, but once I talk to him, all bets are off!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this post inspire you? Do you have something you want to share? Go ahead and tell me all about it! I reply to everything, promise! (Just be sure to keep it clean, guys! Seriously!)