Sunday, September 8, 2013

My Future Job: An Old West Store Owner

Yes, you read that title right! I'm a general store owner in the Old West! But how, you ask?

In Children's Church, of course! Would you like to know a bit more - and possibly see today's Behind-the-Scenes photos? OF COURSE YOU DO!

 First up, we have the picture that I took of myself after picking out a hat. It took me about ten minutes to figure out which hat I wanted to wear the for the series. There were a lot of different hats on the rack, but this one stood out to me. It was also pretty much the only one that A) had a string and B) fit well on my head (the others were either too big or too small).

Everything else I'm wearing is mine - the earrings are cowgirl boots, if you're wondering. I bought the blue bandanna ages ago, because it looked like the one that Locke (from Final Fantasy VI) wore. I would wear it on my wrist. It was a phase that I went through. (Glad I grew out of it!)

This is my friend Chris. His full name is "Christopher Robinson," but most people just call him Christopher Robin. A few years ago, he actually looked like Pooh Bear's owner, too. And he's so nice.

In this series, he's playing the bad guy's accomplice. (I don't think he has a name, though.) I helped him put on his bandanna, then he took it off, flipped up his collar, tied it back on, and put his collar down over it. It was adorable. (He's a junior in high school this year.)

He's also got the cowboy dance moves down, and he does a pretty good Western accent.
This is the full view of the outfit that I wore today. The shirt's a little untucked by now, but you can still see the general shape. I think I look rather good (and this is one of my favorite shirts, by the way. Aside from my green worn shirt. That one's cool, too.)

I couldn't tuck my jeans into my boots (and I don't think I will throughout this series), but you can still see their shine. 

I've also rearranged my scarf a little bit; it's no longer tied quite as tight as it was, but I don't know which style I like better: tie/ascot-like or collar-like.
This is the "main character" of our series - Deputy Dogood. He's played by Chris's dad! (He also does a mean Indiana Jones impression; he's the lead character for most of our male-centered sketches.)

The kids take advantage of him, though, and kept trying to pull his gun away from him. He then had to give a lecture on how they could lose their "cowboy bucks" (which I would give them, so they could shop at the general store at the end of the series) if they didn't stop misbehaving.

It stopped them for a bit, but I still think that they might have a ways to go before they're able to understand just what "STAHP" means.
This is my lovely sister. She's playing the part of Sugar Cookie, in the mini "snack time" that we're having.

Usually, though, they just make a mess.
This is Sugar Cookie and Sweet Cakes, saying that things go well together.

Eggs and Bacon (egg mashed on the table).

Cornbread and Beans (beans spilled).

Cheese and Crackers (cheese squirted on floor).

Peanut Butter and Jelly (jelly on floor).

Cookies and Milk (milk on floor).
This is the full view of their table of messes.

The thing today was, Sugar Cookie was supposedly the best "pardner" around, but she insisted that there was a better one.

Sweet Cakes was confused.

"Jesus!" Sugar Cookie explained.

And it all made sense!
And I'll leave you with one more photo of myself. You can see the light shining through the holes in my hat (I need to get just a picture of my hat next week).

You can also kinda see my earrings better, and I've retied my scarf as an ascot/tie-thing.

Which way do you like better, by the way? I can't decide?

I might also take a picture of myself next week, without glasses. Unsure.





Also, I'm going to be reporting on my outfits every Sunday from now on! At least until this series is over. (This is going to be the best series EVER!)

I hope y'all have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this post inspire you? Do you have something you want to share? Go ahead and tell me all about it! I reply to everything, promise! (Just be sure to keep it clean, guys! Seriously!)