Friday, September 20, 2013

Talk Like a Pirate Day

I didn't get to post this yesterday, as yesterday was filled with all sorts of WHAT AM I DOING moments, but I figured it was time to share my stuff with y'all.

As not very many people know, September 18th is National Talk Like a Pirate Day. There are some people who go all-out for this day, wearing pirate costumes and literally answering everything in pirate-speak.

Krispy Kreme Donuts, however, probably tops everything. They give out a free donut if you simply speak like a pirate, and a free DOZEN donuts if you show up at their store dressed like a pirate! (How cool is that?)

So yesterday around 6:00, I get a text message from my friend Becca, inviting me to go to Krispy Kreme with her and a bunch of other people, to get our free donuts. I look around my dorm room, and figure that I can pull together a decent pirate costume.

After Writer's Club (I love those people!!), I drive over to the BCM with my roomie, and we sit and wait. Turns out, I'd be driving three other people as well. It's all cool.

We drive 35 minutes into Vestavia to get to the store, talking and listening to the Pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack all the way there.

Once getting to the store, it was absolute CHAOS. There were college kids (and some high school kids) in pirate costumes EVERYWHERE. The poor people at the store didn't even bother checking costumes; they just handed EVERYONE A HOT, FRESH DOZEN DONUTS and pretty much told us to scram! So we all sat outside and ate our booty. And took pictures.

 This is me in my Pirate Bandanna and my plaid peacoat. I looked kinda like a pirate, but not really, so I was super surprised (and extremely excited) to have gotten my free donuts!

 This is my box of donuts. I mean, this thing was still WARM on the bottom when the lady tossed it at me! What more could you want?

 Our group of plunderers. I'm on the front row, far-right side. My roomie's in the red shirt next to me. You can see that she's clearly not dressed anything like a pirate. Nor were several of the other people that came with us, but we all got donuts! WOO!

Just looking around the parking lot at all the pirates that came with us. There were three or four other groups around, sitting down and scarfing donuts just like us.

All in all, I think it was a really successful night. I mean, it's a spur-of-the-moment thing, and my first Crazy College Night of the new school year. I'm hoping I'm going to get to have several more nights just like this one.

Although hopefully not quite so late... My head hurts this morning something awful.

Also, thanks to everyone who's been reading my blog the past...four months! I broke 1000 page views sometime last night! (Of course, my blog says I have over 3000, but about 2000 of those are spam sites. I have an actual counter on the sidebar of my blog that keeps track for me.) You're fantastic, and I hope I'm able to keep you coming back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this post inspire you? Do you have something you want to share? Go ahead and tell me all about it! I reply to everything, promise! (Just be sure to keep it clean, guys! Seriously!)