Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Undetermined Hospital Stay!

My mother called me when I got out of Coms this afternoon to give me an update on Hunter. She talked to his dad today. And it's not good.

They went in and did surgery yesterday, as you probably remember. Well, they found some sort of blockage (I believe), and they found an abscess in his hip/hips, so they went in and removed those. They also cleaned out infection, and removed MORE of his intestine. (Ouch.) He hasn't been able to keep his pain pills down, which is why he's in so much pain right now. 

He's got his drainage tube back in (ew), his nutrition (food) IV, and probably his morphine drip as well. It's like he never left the hospital.

This time, I think they're gonna keep him in until they're SURE he can keep food down. They'll wean him off everything again, but instead of sending him straight home, they'll keep him for a few more days and make sure he can eat. I'm pretty sure they just released him too early last time. (Maybe they thought that if they sent him home, he'd eat, because he'd be away from the stress of the hospital and whatnot. But who knows?)

It's still going to be a long ride.

***

And as far as I know, Marina's still unconscious. I haven't heard anything about her yet, but I'm sure that now Hunter's back in the hospital, we'll be getting regular updates on her again.

This is absolutely insane. I don't know how to take this any more.

I'm hoping Hunter's going to recover, mentally and physically. I don't want to lose my brother to this. (I know he's not gonna die, but I hope he's going to be the happy LOOK-AT-ME-I'M-ON-THE-ROOF-BECAUSE-I-CAN-BE person he once was.)

Is it bad that I'm absolutely furious at Jake for this? I'm still so pissed.
And upset.
And sad.
I have so many emotions running through me that I don't know what to think.

He not only killed himself by not listening to his friends, but he almost killed two of them. (Bailey's only injury, really, was the fact that he sprained his ankle really bad by kicking the door open to get out.) Marina's still got a ton of surgeries (not to mention physical therapy) to go through, and Hunter may end up hooked up to machines the rest of his life.

I hate this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this post inspire you? Do you have something you want to share? Go ahead and tell me all about it! I reply to everything, promise! (Just be sure to keep it clean, guys! Seriously!)