Monday, September 23, 2013

The Dingbat's Back in the Hospital -.-

Yes, you read that right. My wonderful brother's back in the hospital. 

My mom called me at around 8:45 p.m. to tell me that he's been put back in. Why?

He can't keep food down. He'll try to eat something, and then throw it back up. His body still hasn't adjusted itself yet. Yesterday, he was switched to lower-level painkillers, and that was a struggle for him (I hope he didn't become addicted to morphine in the hospital; he literally pressed that button about once a minute), so that's why I didn't get to see him yesterday.

His body functions are shutting down, just a little. His kidneys are having trouble. THE BOY HASN'T EATEN IN A WEEK, not since they took him off the IV-nutrition-food thing.

Now he's hooked back up, and he's being monitered and stuff. He's going to be okay, though, so don't freak. :3 He was just released from the hospital a few days earlier than he should have been. (The original forecast was more than 7-10 days. He was released in six.) I don't think he was quite ready to get out. He was struggling when I saw him the other day, and he was on a potent mix of painkillers then.

I don't know how long he's gonna be in this time, but hopefully not too long. I don't want to have to fight 280 traffic to get to UAB again. But I will if I have to. He's worth more than anything to me.

(And no, Hunter's not my actual brother. But we're so close that we might as well be. We actually get mistaken for siblings all the time, even by people who have known us for years. My Sunday School teacher, tenth grade? [I moved here in eighth grade.] She asked me how my brother was one Sunday, because she hadn't seen him in a while.

"I don't have a brother."

"You know, Hunter?" [Like I didn't know my brother's name.]

"...He's not my brother."

That happened way more than it should have. So we just stopped fighting it. We've been brother and sister for about four years now, and I hope that doesn't change any time soon.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this post inspire you? Do you have something you want to share? Go ahead and tell me all about it! I reply to everything, promise! (Just be sure to keep it clean, guys! Seriously!)