Saturday, June 29, 2013

Books I Read in June

I wasn't able to match my book-list from last month, because I only read three books this month. (That's really sad, actually.) If it makes any difference, I spent a lot of time at work this month, and I really didn't have time to read. I suppose I could have sat down and read more if I wanted to, but most of the time I was so brain-dead when I got home that all I wanted to do was sit on Tumblr and look at Sherlock .gifs. (I apologize, internet.)

The few books that I did manage to read this month were absolutely fantastic, though, and you should certainly check them out!


Psych has to be one of my absolute favorite TV shows, ever. Snarky one-liners, awesome nicknames, and enough fist-bumping to rock the world on its axis. I may have watched too many episodes, though, because I read this entire book in the characters' voices. It was an absolutely awesome book, full of snarky advice and interesting diagrams. (Plus, tips on how to get totally-not-illegal tax deductions. Score!) If you're a fan of the show, you owe it to yourself to pick up this book. You're welcome.



Now, this book is something a little different. I first read it in tenth grade, when I borrowed it from my friend Katie. It took me a while to get through it, and I actually found it a little boring. Fast-forward three years, and I came across a copy of Graceling in 2nd & Charles for only $4.00. Of course, I picked it up, bought it, and started to read it over again. And I found that I enjoyed it much more this time around. I think I've got another book to put on my shelves permanently. It's actually really, really good. And I suck at summaries, so go pick up a copy yourself. It's really worth the read.



This is my friend Kellie's book. I posted about it a few weeks ago, if you remember. It's an amazing book. Very difficult to describe, so just check out its Amazon page. It's only $5, if you want to read it. (Or you can borrow it for free with Amazon Prime!) Please buy this book and support her. You certainly won't regret it, I promise you. Sort of a dystopian future society, but done the right way. All happy, all the time...at all cost. (Dun dun DUUUUUN!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did this post inspire you? Do you have something you want to share? Go ahead and tell me all about it! I reply to everything, promise! (Just be sure to keep it clean, guys! Seriously!)